There are many ways to spend a vacation, some more relaxing than others. Think of the last time you took a vacation – did you come home feeling rested, refreshed and rejuvenated? Or did you feel like you needed a vacation from your vacation? Cruising is one of my favorite all-time vacations because:
1. You literally don’t have to lift a finger for the whole week if what you really need or want is complete rest and relaxation. Enjoy free, all-you-care-to-eat food cooked by someone other than you. Get spoiled with daily room refreshes by your cabin steward (who may leave chocolates on your pillow and towel animals on your bed, if you picked the right cruise line). It’s the only trip where you can literally take a week off from ALL responsibilities.
2. There are about as many flavors of cruises as there are flavors of macaroons, so there’s always a new experience waiting! Not sure which cruise fits you best? That’s where your travel advisor comes in – we help match you up with the perfect cruise that meets your style and expectations. There are cruises for intellectuals, party animals, families with children, adults only, multi-generational families, and those looking for luxury or the excitement of an expedition, to name just a few!
3. Cruises are an amazing value when compared against land-based resorts. Your accommodations, your food, and your entertainment are all included (beverages usually cost extra). And don’t forget that your transportation is included as well – getting to visit multiple places all in one trip is one of the best benefits (and cost-saving aspects) of a cruise vacation!
4. You get to decide how much or how little you do each day on your cruise. Do nothing and lounge by the pool all day, or try every activity listed on the ship’s daily entertainment schedule – it’s completely up to you! Depending on the cruise line, there is usually no shortage of activities to keep you occupied. From exercise and dance classes to art and port-of-call lectures, and from craft classes to hilarious game shows, there is plenty on board to keep EVERYONE happy. And let’s not forget the kids’ clubs, which will keep younger members of the family so enthralled in fun activities that they won’t want to leave!
5. Cruising is for EVERYONE. Throw out that outdated notion that cruising is for old people, or only for the rich. With so many styles and price points to choose from, absolutely anyone can find a cruise they will not only enjoy, but will want to experience over and over again. Every ship has its own personality, and you can truly have a new and different experience with each one, no matter your age or budget.
Now you know my top five reasons why cruises are one of my all-time favorite vacations. So what are you waiting for? Give me a call and let’s plan the perfect cruise for your next vacation!